Are you safe on facebook?
Your fb account can be attacked in anytime by the hackers if you are not concerned about the security. These are the few things you can do to secure your facebook account.
- Protect your password
- Never share your password with anyone. Only you should know.
- Create a password that difficult to guess. Avoid using common words or your name. always try to use a combination of uppercase, lowercase letters and numbers.
- Make sure your email account(s) are secure. Never share your email account password also.
- Run anti-virus software on your computer.
- Be aware before you click on anything or downloading.
- Log out of account always, especially when you use a computer or device you share with other people. If you forget, you can log out remotely.
- Go to your security settings.
- Click on the where you’re logged in section
- It will show you a list of devices and browsers that you have been used to log in to recently. Each will show you the date, time and approximate location as well as the type of the device.
- Find the session you want and End Activity.
- Use extra security features.
- App passwords – one time passwords that you can use to log in to your apps and help keep your facebook password safe.
- Login approvals – similar to login alerts but with an extra step. You’ll be asked to enter a security code each time you try to access from a new device or browser.
- Login notifications – when you turn on login alerts, you will get a notification if someone tries to lo into your account from a new place.
- Trusted contacts – they are friends you can contact, if you ever need a help getting into your account.
- Mobile security – if you’ve lost your phone, you can prevent someone else logging into your account. Go to your mobile settings by logging into facebook on a computer.
- Don’t accept friend requests from unknown people.
What you can do with an impersonate or fake account
- Go to that profile
- Click … on the cover photo and select Report.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
By; Ayani Piyathma