Exposure to cell phone radiation is not a considerable factor for most of us. Do you know that the mobile phones that we carry with us all the emit electromagnetic fields (EMFs) or electromagnetic radiation, which has the potential to harm our body.
Such adverse biological effects are
- DNA single and double strand breaks
- Disruption of cell metabolism
- Increased blood brain barrier permeability
- Disruption to brain glucose metabolism
- Generation of stress proteins
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF CELL PHONE RADIATION
- A hot head
- Prickly skin
SO WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM HARMFUL MOBILE PHONE RADIATION
- AVOID BODY CONTACT/ KEEP YOUR DISTANCE- That means you shouldn’t keep it in your pocket
- USE AIRPLANE MODE-Because airplane mode cuts off all wireless transmissions from your cellular device, it also stops all risk of cell phone radiation too. So if you’re not using your phone for an extended period of time, then either turn it off, or put it on airplane mode.
- AVOID CELL PHONE WHILE YOU SLEEPING-When you hold your cell phone next to your head or wear it on your body, you can absorb over 50% of the EMFs so better you can either turn your phone off, or put it on airplane mode while you sleep. Similarly, wifi routers should stay out of the bedroom as well.
- USE A HEADSET OR SPEAKER-When holding the phone against your head for a call you are increasing the amount of radiation your head will be absorbing so If a call must be made, use the speakerphone or a wired headset.
- TEXTING- text rather than talk. When texting your phone will be likely held in your hand and further from your body.
- AVOID USE WHEN LOW SIGNAL- Avoid using your cell phone when the signal is weak or when moving at high speed, such as in a car or train. These scenarios cause mobile phones to increase their transmitting power in an attempt to connect to the nearest cell tower. You get more radiation and your battery drains faster under these conditions.
- SHORTER CALLS- Limit the length of your cell phone conversations.
- LIMIT KIDS MOBILE PHONE USE TIME– A child’s body is still developing and cell phone radiation penetrates a child’s brain more deeply than an adult brain so limit kids cell phone usage.
- USE AN EMF SHEILDING DEVICE- A variety of holsters and other cell phone holders and shields are available that claim to block radiation. If you buy such a product, look to see if it has an SAR (specific absorption rate) value. You want a shielding device that blocks the majority of EMFs. (SAR is a measure of the rate at which energy is absorbed by a body exposed to EMFs.)
By; Keerthana Shanmugam